GUI for ContentType properties

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:41 PM
So is this basically a graphical interface for the settings on the List Content Type(s)?
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 6:37 AM
No. It's not a GUI for CTs. It's a layer above CT settings to show/hide fields for a form-type. For example: CT doesn't have a schema to mark a field be Read-only on Edit form.

Intent is to add more possibilities...
Aug 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM
I should have said, GUI for the FieldRef elements of the Content Types, I guess - it does indeed have a ReadOnly attribute:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa543225.aspx

(Don't mean to be critical or argumentative - having a UI for these settings would be great, and fills a MS void...)

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2008 at 7:18 PM
No worries. Out-of-the-box, Read-only it is, but hides it from forms if you set one.

By allowing above in Toolbox, the intent is to keep user aware fo value while editing a form. Also in future this will work conditionally per credentials. Say user A can edit, while user B sees as read-only on fly, per config. Many scenarios and are beginning to emerge.

Check back again, nex release will have many more features. Thanks for taking interest.
Jan 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM
Hi,

Hiding fields according to user permissions would be very, very helpful. I hope you're planning a release soon.

Thanks,
Roger
Mar 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Hi, this is very important issue (dynamic change of field visibility or/and accessibility). Do you intend to extend this solution?