This project is read-only.

GUI for ContentType properties

Aug 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM
So is this basically a graphical interface for the settings on the List Content Type(s)?
Aug 22, 2008 at 7:37 AM
No. It's not a GUI for CTs. It's a layer above CT settings to show/hide fields for a form-type. For example: CT doesn't have a schema to mark a field be Read-only on Edit form.

Intent is to add more possibilities...
Aug 23, 2008 at 5:36 PM
I should have said, GUI for the FieldRef elements of the Content Types, I guess - it does indeed have a ReadOnly attribute:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa543225.aspx

(Don't mean to be critical or argumentative - having a UI for these settings would be great, and fills a MS void...)

Aug 25, 2008 at 8:18 PM
No worries. Out-of-the-box, Read-only it is, but hides it from forms if you set one.

By allowing above in Toolbox, the intent is to keep user aware fo value while editing a form. Also in future this will work conditionally per credentials. Say user A can edit, while user B sees as read-only on fly, per config. Many scenarios and are beginning to emerge.

Check back again, nex release will have many more features. Thanks for taking interest.
Jan 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Hi,

Hiding fields according to user permissions would be very, very helpful. I hope you're planning a release soon.

Thanks,
Roger
Mar 25, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hi, this is very important issue (dynamic change of field visibility or/and accessibility). Do you intend to extend this solution?